Saturday, September 5, 2020

A Trip to Cologne, Germany

 Last month, we had a short trip to Cologne. I may hurt a few of you with my words, but Cologne is not my city. I know a lot of Filipinos who live in Cologne, or dreams to live in Cologne. Sadly, I am not one of you. The Cathedral of Cologne has always been in my bucket list, and now that I already visited it, I got no more reasons to go back to Cologne. The cathedral is definitely a place you have to see at least once in your life.  (You can find the photos I took of Cologne Cathedral in my Tumblr page, just click here.) 

Kölner Dom

I think it has to do that I have always loved the country side. Cologne is too chaotic for me. It is pandemic and yet I was overwhelmed with how many people are roaming around the city. It was quite too much for an introvert like me. We rode the Kölner Seilbahn and took a walk at Rheinpark. However, we find the park like a desert: despite the heat of the summer, we can't find not even a small kiosk where we can get some drinks. 



The city just lacks luster for me, aside from Cologne Cathedral (and Hard Rock Cafe), I don't know what else is worth to see in that city. 

Hubby and I outside Hard Rock Cafe

My stepson, Tim, met up with us at Hard Rock Cafe for dinner,
he's the reason why we went to Köln
Saw this at the Schaufenster of Tourist Information

It made me appreciate Frankfurt am Main more. Frankfurt is a city of vielfalt: business streets, historical sites, churches and cathedral, shopping alleys, university, streets for party and booze, museums, and more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment