Thursday, May 27, 2010

when i was young and 13

… I was on first year in high school…

… I almost didn’t make it for the school year because of my health condition…

… I had a service going to the school…

… I was still wearing lumbar braces to correct my scoliosis… sadly, it didn’t help…

… Our classroom was on the first floor, same floor and room I had when I was in first grade (seriously!)…

… I kept a diary wherein one key is with my best friend…

… I and my best friend fought that lasted for a month or two…

… I used the Johnson’s baby cologne heaven scent…

… I ate mango for breaks and donut for lunch…

… I finally knew how it felt not to be part of the students with honors just because I suck in Math (it didn’t change, anyway)…

… I had a friend who treated me as her best friend but I cannot treat her back as a best friend, she was just a friend for me, just like everybody else…

… I was classmates with my long-time crush and was the first time to talk with him again after the misunderstanding in fifth grade…

… I chose to be part of the computer geeks instead of pursuing the theater that I had joined in sixth grade…

… I realized I was not really a computer geek so I ended up doing nothing but chat with my friends during club meetings, simply known as members of “TAKAS CLUB” (Fugitive Club)*…

… To remove my name from the wanted list of Takas Club, I joined a program of computer geeks, who went out for intensive training of web design and virtual reality with STI College professors, but I didn’t learn anything, I just joined them because it entails us going out of the campus…

… I wrote hundreds of poems but I had lost it all, why? It’s because I had it all written on pieces of scratch papers, books I borrowed from the library, back of my notebooks and tissue papers…

… I forgot to say that I wrote my poems on desks at Music room and computer room as well as on computers saved as screen savers, too (I was a princess of vandalism)…

… I went out of campus with my best friend without my mom knowing it, and I was reprimanded when I got home because my service got there first…

… I turned into someone I never thought I could be: stubborn, mean, aggressive…

 

 

And now that I’m 26, I wish I can go back to that time when I’m 13, not to correct mistakes and crazy acts I did, but to add more on the list…

 

 

*Takas Club or Fugitive Club is an illegitimate organization in our campus whose members are always wanted by teachers and nuns for not joining or attending any legitimate organization, when caught, they are sanctioned with community service punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment