Thursday, May 31, 2007

another open letter...this time, it's for me!

how i wish someone would write me a sweet letter like this...hahaha!dream on, cy! who remembers this letter?it was aired on tv,really loved the content of his letter...changed the name to justify my fantasy,hahahaha!

*****************************************************************************

My Dear Cy,

One day I will disappear completely. The letters will mean nothing.

The world will get tired of me.
You will get tired of me.
I will get tired of myself.
I'm dying.
But I will never get tired of you.

For you there will be no endings.
I will say your name over and over.
Like a refrain and a prayer to no one.

Then I'll be a flower. The one you'll never pick.
And will endure the breathless waiting 'till boundaries disappear.

With nothing to do I make new constellations.
Images of you as I remember.
Dancing, sitting, walking...
They are stars from a different view.

But still I see nothing but you.
Unfurling like a flower.
Swiveling like a leaf.

I once watched you sleep beside me.
It was dark then.
But the darkness is deeper now.

Tonight in my dreams I will see you.
My lady clothed only in light.

***

Like a kite I'm giving myself up to the wind.
I've made friends with the sun.
Confused the birds with strange and distant voyages.
But it is you that ties the thread and holds me down.

Like a kite I will forever hold your hand.
And with the burning human longing in your hands, I surrender.
I will never get tired of you.
For you there will be no endings.

I will say your name over and over.
Cy, Cy...
Like a refrain.
My prayer to no one.

You know I will never get far and there is no need for my return.
Only travellers leave.
I've never been a traveller for I have never left.
I am lost simply.

I wanted to be in a place I have never been and will never be of all destinations.
I longed to be lost in the fields of your hair.
Lost among your thoughts as you are already in mine.

You are my will to live.
My life started when I loved you,
and that's how I wanted to end.

Yours forever,

_____________

*****************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment