Sunday, August 26, 2012

Forgive and Forget

A friend called to ask for apology for the past that did not go well for the two of us. It feels so good to finally find the freedom from anger and pain. Although I have already forgiven him long before he asked for it, it still feels good that he himself acknowledges what he had done in the past. Now that we are on totally different ways, I wish nothing but his own happiness. Despite all the pain and the tears he caused me in the past, he still deserve a life of bliss and love.

I've already forgotten all those painful memories, long before I forgave him in my heart. But I guess he is right, whatever it is in the past shall forever be inked in our hearts. Just like tattoos. Even if I try to erase those memories, they'd leave a scar that shall guide me in life.

He and I are part of a history, and that history has already been written and completed. I could no longer delete his character because that will change the course of events. He may have hurt me in the past, but if not for that, I would not be where I am now. If not for those tears and pain, I will not find my way to the arms of my husband. If not for all those fights and misunderstandings and lost friendship, I will not learn the value of friendship and forgiveness and love.

I thank him for admitting the wrongdoings and saying the most difficult words "I'm sorry." I wish him nothing but happiness he also deserves. I thank him for freeing me from anger and pain.

Despite all the pains he caused me, I still thank him wholeheartedly. It is because, of all the people who came into my life, he is one of those who marked the most. He taught me a lot of things. He built the way towards my happiness. He was, he is and he will always be a best friend to me.

 photo sig_zps35132240.png

No comments:

Post a Comment