Thursday, March 11, 2010

jetzt, ich verstehe

after such a long time, i have always been pondering about what my life would have been, should i chose not to take chemistry, and pursue my interest in writing as a career. and then, just yesterday, i gave writing a try...

some may have thought that i already have writing as a career, for i am working as a technical writer, but no, i mean some other forms of writing. with my work kasi, i am free to choose the date of my deadline, but of course, there is still the metrics for my annual appraisal to think of, so i always give pressure to myself, and not my boss giving pressure on me. so i tried something that is close to real work of a writer. i had been a member of gaf for years now, and i just thought of browsing through their projects last night. and i was surprised to win a bid, and needless to say, as his ads says, start right away. and whoa! i was overwhelmed with my first assignment: 6 articles in a day! i think i overestimated my time and myself when i placed that bid. 0_o

now, if you'll ask me, will i continue this crazy thing? i think for now, it's a no, for i got a lot of documents to think of for my real job in the first place, maybe i'll do this again when i got a lot of time for myself in the future, say, when i am in germany and no job yet?

now, how will i be able to say this to my employer? that i'm quitting? or should i finish till i get the total of 50 articles finished? but 6 articles a day is just too much, even if its just 400-words long per article, having it of varying, and TECHNICAL topics, it just isn't fair, i think.

but am glad, i can add now the title "freelance writer" on my name... i only need to get used to those deadlines i think...

No comments:

Post a Comment