Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Sister's Keeper

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Books
Genre: Literature & Fiction
Author:Jodi Picoult
"This is from the back of the book: "Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister Kate can somehow fight leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate-a life role that she has never challenged . . . until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister-and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable, a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for her sister she loves.""


I have finished reading this months ago, but still, I am not over with its story. I am still reacting like Jodi's son "why should it end that way?" Before I left Philippines, I am already starting with the other book by Jodi Picoult, but still, I cannot finish it since my mind is still with "My Sister's Keeper." I don't have a sister nor a brother, but still, I get to be very much affected. I have read a lot of books in my life, but THIS particular book is the FIRST one to make me CRY. It is well-written, that it will keep you hooked till the last page. Its words are striking and it will turn your room into the courtroom where the story revolves.

One great novel I definitely suggest for reading this holiday. It will make you feel more grateful about your family, regardless of what your family is currently going through.

And before I forget, this book will be on big screen by mid of year 2009. Starring Cameron Diaz as Sara Fitzgerald, Alec Baldwin as Campbell Alexander, and Abigail breslin as Andromeda "Anna" Fitzgerald. I am looking forward for this movie, and hope they could give justice to the book.

2 comments: