Tuesday, December 16, 2008

All Mixed Up

We will be flying home this Saturday. I am both excited and sad... There are a lot of things on my mind. I do miss my family, especially my mom. I miss my friends, especially those that I have planned to meet before I left for training, and our dates were always cancelled due to unwanted weather. I miss the warmth of the city, and the feeling of Christmas in the Philippines.

But at the same time, I feel like I don't want to go home, yet. Well, one reason is, as discussed with Ody one dinner night at Triangulum Restaurant, all the questions awaiting me in the Philippines. Questions that usually pops out of nowhere during family reunion, and other Christmas parties. Questions like:

1) How's life? How's LOVElife?

2) How's work? Do you have new BF now? 

3) Who's your boyfriend nowadays?

4) Why no new BF till this time?

5) Why are you not with your boyfriend?

Those are just example of the introductory questions. I tell you, even if I answer those with these:

1) I am doing great being SINGLE.

2) I am fully enjoying my work now without anyone bothering me.

3) Ahm, still waiting.

4) It's because I want to get rich faster, and if I get a BF now, I might not be that focused on my mission.

5) Ahm, sorry, I don't need to bring one, I don't need a bodyguard.

...there would still be follow up statements after that: YOU SHOULD GET A BOYFRIEND NOW.

And there would definitely be one additional question when I get back: Have you met someone there in Germany?

Thanks to Ody, for teaching me the answer: I met a lot, now I am undecided.

Ranting all these stuff, I begin to think, is it really expected out of me to get a new BF now? So what if I am 25 now? I wonder why the family is so affected with me not having a new BF for 3 years?

I am not that old yet to enjoy life being single, isn't it?

Another thing, I am enjoying the freedom I get here, too much freedom, a certain kind of freedom that I don't enjoy that much in the Philippines. That's another reason why I feel like I don't want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment