Saturday, April 26, 2008

See you soon, Kuya Ed...

I haven't seen Kuya Ed for almost half a year now...Well, honestly, I can't remember the time I last saw him passing by and calling my mom, "FHEL!!!"... And now, I guess, seeing him would take longer than a decade for me... He passed away last night while having fun with some friends at a wedding shower somewhere down our street...

As per my ninang's story, he was so happy last night seeing my ninang, his good friend whom he haven't seeen for quite sometime due to work and a sudden change of residence for my ninang... Ninang said, they were so happy, laughing around, and dancing... But they parted ways earlier, coz ninang and some of her friends and some of my tita's have to visit my tito in the hospital as well... But while at the hospital, somebody called my tita and said, "Kapitana, balik kayo dito, natumba si Ed, masama pakiramdam (Captain, come back here, Ed fell down and not in good condition)"..My tita, thinking it's just brought about his drunkenness said she'll go back after an hour, they'll wait for tito to wake up first. But the guy on the phone insisted, and my tita, being the barangay captain, then returned home..But they received a text message to go directly to the hospital, coz Kuya Ed was sent to the hospital already.

Still on the car, they already saw a lot of people, and when Ninang saw Ate Milette crying and almost breaking down, she rushed down the car and went to Ate Milette directly. Right then and there, she heard the doctor saying that it was too late, Kuya Ed didn't made it...

The fun they had earlier was suddenly replaced with grieve and regrets.Kuya Ed, known to be one of the greatest person in town, one of the best Barangay Councilor, undeniably the best person you can run to anytime, for whatever reason, has already joined our dear Creator.

I remembered those days when Kuya Ed and his friends would stay here and dine on our little restau. He loves my mom's lomi and pancit, plus the grilled isaw and barbeque... He loves to eat and he eats a lot... He knows when to have fun and when to be serious... He loves his family so much, most especially his little sister, Ate Nita... He loves her so much that he chose not to get married, and just take care of her and of his nieces and nephews.. He did everything for his family, and just recently, did everything for the barangay as well, despite all the hurting words his own family says about him, he did not stop helping the barangay and all the people that needs his service...

We will definitely miss Kuya Ed... His laughter that none could ever replace... The laughs that would unfathomably show how happy he is and how great life has been to him... Now, I would never see his smiling face again... I would never hear him calling my mom for some story telling and tambay's...

Kuya Ed, I know wherever you are right now, you are more than happy there... No more hurting words, no more difficult living... You're with God Almighty, and nothing could ever replace the joy and happiness you are experiencing right now, even if there's no Ginebra San Miguel or beers there, nor isaw, lomi and pancit...Life may have ended for you, but an everlasting life was given to you... A gift given only to those that deserve it... To people who made the best out of their earthly lives... And you are so lucky for God chose to take care of you... He knows it's time that it is you to be taken care of, it's time for you to rest and be joyful...

We will miss you Kuya Ed, but we are happy coz we know you are happy...

See you at the crossroads soon, Kuya Ed...

Don't forget to look over at us from Up Above...

We Love you Kuya Eddis...

No comments:

Post a Comment